Festival of the Four Winds
Scarlet Briar’s attack devastated Lion’s Arch, but Tyria’s best and brightest are rallying to support the stricken city. The Zephyrites and Queen Jennah will both offer their finest festival amusements to boost morale and offer support. Visit Labyrinthine Cliffs and experience the rush of Aspect movement skills, take part in the Sanctum Sprint, or enjoy one of the brand-new events; then take a hot-air balloon to Divinity’s Reach and enjoy the reopened Crown Pavilion, including a new version of the Queen’s Gauntlet, the Boss Blitz.
Join Braham, Rox, Marjory, Kasmeer, Taimi, and Scruffy as they enjoy the festivities and usher in the return of Lion’s Arch services!
The Zephyrites have returned to Labyrinthine Cliffs in their large-sailed flying ships to support Lion’s Arch in its time of need. Although Lion’s Arch suffered a devastating blow as a result of Scarlet’s nefarious plans, Captain Ellen Kiel of the Captain’s Council is grateful to see the Zephyrites return with their generous offer of materials and moral support. And to help reinvigorate trade and provide some joy to its citizens, the Zephyrite Master of Peace and Queen Jennah of Kryta are hosting a festival to honor Lion’s Arch. Join Kiel and the adventuring group of Rox, Braham, Marjory, Kasmeer, and Taimi in Lion’s Arch at the Claw Island Portage Waypoint to meet the Zephyrite leader and kick off the start of the festival.
Players can travel to Labyrinthine Cliffs to partake in all of the fun and excitement of the festival by speaking to the transport facilitator in Lion’s Arch, or by hopping in a hot-air balloon in Divinity’s Reach. Once there, players will find the exhilarating Aspect movement skills perfected by the Zephyrites, enabling them to dash, leap, and tether to all corners of the map.
- The Zephyrites and the strange denizens of the bazaar have not been idle since the last time the Zephyr Sanctum was docked. Players can participate in an all-new scavenger hunt for sky crystals, with new, harder-to-access locations.
- Two of the locals, Barkeep Ixcic and Trader Owens, have also put together two brand-new events designed to delight the entire bazaar!
- Players can participate in the Sanctum Sprint, a competitive race of up to 12 participants, where they’ll need to use Wind, Sun, and Lightning movement skills to complete the course.
- Players interested in the competitive use of the Zephyrite fighting skills can join the Aspect Arena PvP activity.
The Crown Pavilion
The Crown Pavilion in the human city of Divinity’s Reach has once again opened its gates. Join the golem Heal-o-Tron in assisting the city of Lion’s Arch. Donate enough money and he’ll kick off the all-new Boss Blitz in the trenches of the Pavilion. The champions are back and have learned a whole new set of skills. The faster players can slay the mighty champions, the greater the rewards. But beware! The champions are sharing the secrets of their training with each other. As each one is defeated, others increase their power!
The Queen’s Gauntlet
Enter the Queen’s Gauntlet to battle mighty representations of humanity’s most vicious enemies.
- Face increasingly difficult challenges in single combat against a variety of unique bosses.
- Take a risk with special gambit conditions to earn even more prestigious rewards.
- Each entry and gambit costs 1 Queen’s Gauntlet Entrance Ticket.
- Earn a new title for defeating Liadri: “The Blazing Light”.
Some of the Captain’s Council still oversee the refugee camps at the Vigil Keep, Durmand Priory, and Stormbluff Isle, while the rest have returned to Lion’s Arch. As a result, most of the services that were previously relocated at the Vigil Keep have returned to Lion’s Arch, and the balloons of Kryta that connected the refugee camps have departed. Several access services have also relocated.
- Coriolis Plaza, in the Eastern Ward, is the new home to the asura gates connecting all the major cities of Tyria.
- Asura gate connections to the Mists have been reestablished at Fort Marriner.
- The Consortium operations have moved to Postern Ward, including access to Fractals of the Mists and Southsun Cove.
- A new rope bridge helps connect the Eastern Ward to Postern Ward and its recently added portal to Lornar’s Pass.
Merchants have also returned to Lion’s Arch, creating new locations from which to sell their goods.
- Players can find that the bank and trading post have reestablished their services at the Canal Ward, flanking the exit to Gendarran Fields.
- These commerce services have set up additional outlets for banking and trading at Fort Marriner as well as at the Eastern and Western Wards.
- Crafting disciplines, along with the Mystic Forge, have been relocated to the Western Ward.
- Fort Marriner and Postern Ward also have crafting services.
- Guild services can be found at the Trader’s Forum.
- The activities director can be found at the Grand Piazza.
Returning citizens and visitors are advised to take care among the wreckage of the Breachmaker, whose debris is embedded throughout the city and beneath the waters of Sanctum Harbor.
- Participating in festival content will earn players festival tokens, which can be spent at the festival reward vendor in the Labyrinthine Cliffs for a wide array of returning rewards from the first season of Living World content.
- Examples include the Hot Air Balloon Souvenir from Queen’s Jubilee, the Gift of Candy Corn from Blood and Madness, and the Fervid Censer from the Secret of Southsun.
- All activities and events in Labyrinthine Cliffs and the Crown Pavilion have a rare chance of dropping a Favor of the Bazaar or Favor of the Pavilion, respectively. Combining one of each will yield a Favor of the Festival, which can be used to purchase two new rewards—a Mini Panda or an Endless Dolyak Calf Tonic—from the reward vendor. Alternately, a Favor of the Festival can be used to purchase one of the returning Sovereign weapon skins from a vendor in the Crown Pavilion.
- The Zephyr Sanctum Supply Box traders have returned, once again giving players the opportunity to obtain quartz and recipes for Celestial armor in Labyrinthine Cliffs. The boxes now also have a chance to contain a set of rare returning rewards from season one, such as an Air-Filtration Device from the Nightmares Within or a Wind Catcher Skin from the original Bazaar of the Four Winds.
- Standing with the supply box traders near the docks in the Labyrinthine Cliffs is an asuran merchant who accepts spare piles of Blade Shards in exchange for Equipment Bags, each containing a piece of masterwork or better gear.
- Participating in festival content will also earn players Queen’s Gauntlet Entrance Tickets, which can also be purchased in the Crown Pavilion. Winning fights in the Queen’s Gauntlet will award players with Gauntlet Chances, which have a rare chance to drop a further set of rare returning rewards, such as a monocle from the Sky Pirates of Tyria. Furthermore, Gauntlet Chances have a very rare chance to drop a recipe for crafting the new Chaos of Lyssa ascended back piece.
- Completing the Festival of the Four Winds meta-achievement will yield a bounty of festival tokens, as well as a single guaranteed Favor of the Festival for players to spend as they please.
- Players who didn’t complete the Queen’s Gauntlet achievements from the original Queen’s Jubilee release have another chance to do so.
- Those champions who can best the epic final fight of the gauntlet will also be rewarded with a new title: “The Blazing Light.”
- The Festival of the Four Winds achievement Aspect Arena Regular is returning with previous progress saved and five new achievement points added.
- Added two more achievements to the daily achievement category.
In addition to the above, there have been a large number of balances, bug fixes and polishes. Significant items include:
Champions have been removed from starter areas so that new players can focus on learning the game rather than getting caught up in the train.
Significant changes to the Dredge fractal, including a 15% reduction in health for Rabsovich.
Guild challanges now reward guilds like other mission types
For a full list of changes see the Guild Wars 2 forum.