Some of us, however, were hindered by technical problems.
More specifically, Ku Ku had problems with her downloader and lyuna could not join us at all (for the second time) due to problems with the client.
So I'd like to open this thread with two purposes in mind:
1. Everyone who experienced problems with GW2, that might possibly be relevant during the next Beta could state the problem and any additional information that might be useful in solving the problem.
2. Everyone that has information, either regarding those problems or other known problems could post here as well. (Compiled guides, lists or threads elsewhere is perfectly fine as well. I just think that a central thread in our forums might be helpful nonetheless)
In the end, we might put together a list of known problems and solutions with the goal of trying to be as prepared as possible for the next BWE.
Thanks to MosesZD for some leads regarding Mel's (lyuna's) c000005 error:
MosesZD wrote:I did a bunch of reading. There are multiple (possible) sources of this error with possible fixes. Many of the fall into one of these areas:
1. Bad memory. Run MemTest http://www.snapfiles.com/get/memtest.html to check the RAM.
2. Bad video drivers. Update those puppies if you haven't.
3. Your anti-virus software is believing one of your files is a trojan/virus and won't allow access. The anti-virus fix is: Add the Gw2.tmp file to untrusted files THEN move it to 'trusted' in your anti-virus program.
4. A strange one I don't understand, but it works for some people with this issue:
If Gw.tmp is ~20 MB, rename Gw2.exe to Gw2.exe.bk and rename Gw.tmp to Gw2.exe. If it's a valid exe, try running it. You can delete the original Gw2.exe (Gw2.exe.bk) if it runs. (Obviously you'll have to wait until next beta.)
5. There may be a problem between your computer and something in the .exe. They're working on that one.
And thanks to Ku for the link with a solution for port problems while downloading/updating the client:
http://www.guildwars2guru.com/topic/384 ... swer-here/
Unfortunately, this did not solve her specific problem. *fingers crossed that it works now*
Also, I plan on backing up my client before updating for the next beta. Just in case a bug corrupts the client during the update.