All you need to know about MYST in Guild Wars 2

Post » 20 Aug 2012 19:39

In addition to the usual policies and rules for MYST members, the following are also in place for Guild Wars 2

Essential Information

Download the client here

Our Home Server: Aurora Glade

Our friends on Aurora Glade: Legendary Survivors [TLS], Dragon Season [DS]
Other noted communities on Aurora Glade: GW2 Fans, GWO, GuildMag

Guild Missions

These are conducted on Sundays at 12pm UTC. We gather at Peeta’s Waypoint in Hoelbrak from about 10 minutes to 12, and aim to start promptly.

Generally we cover a Bounty, Puzzle and Rush, netting 5 Guild Commendations per week.

Guild Chat

Please remember that guild chat is seen and meant to be enjoyed by everyone and to that end you should be mindful of how you conduct yourself on it. Please note the general rules regarding public spaces.

Part of the joy of Guild Wars 2 is exploration so whilst it’s useful to share places you've enjoyed and where jumping puzzles are, please leave something for people to discover when they get there. Likewise, leave story spoilers to consensual private conversations & the spoiler room on the forum for at least 6 weeks after release.

Multiple Guilds

There is no way that we can excel in every aspect of Guild Wars 2 (or would want to, sounds exhausting), so there’s no problem with us if you want to be part of other guild(s) too. If nothing else, friends of friends are useful things when it comes to building a bigger community. However we do expect you to continue interacting with this guild and will be subject to the normal activity rules.

We do accept members for whom we are a secondary Guild Wars 2 guild. These folks may be people we consider guild friends (old allies for example), interested parties who want to hang out or may be active enough to be full members. They will be ranked according to this status, and anyone considered a member will be subject to the usual rules and be awarded the usual perks.

Inviting Others

Anyone who you want to become a full member of the guild needs to go through the usual application process. If someone just wants to join for missions or alike, you can go ahead and invite them, but ensure they’re placed in the Friend category right away.

The Vault

The primary use for the vault is to share supplies with other members and provide a useful collection point for any charitable efforts we go to. All ranks will have access to the guild bank to put items into it, but you must be at least a full member to withdraw. If you are a New Member or a Returning Member, you are welcome to receive items; just ask someone with access to the vault to retrieve them for you.

Remember that items in the guild bank have been donated by fellow members who could have made a profit on them but chose to donate them instead. With that in mind, don’t take items from the bank to sell. Use them, enjoy them and pay it forward by dropping excess you generate in there for others!

The secondary guild, Mystic Pirates [YARR], has been made and an additional guild vault is being built. This vault will only be accessible to leaders and is for the storage of more valuable items which are used in guild events or wider charitable activities. If you want to donate something to this cause, please mail it to Tasha.
Last edited by Tasha on 02 Feb 2015 21:17, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Updating with information
Tasha
[MYST] Member
Former Den Mother

Re: All you need to know about MYST in Guild Wars 2

Post » 20 Aug 2012 20:51

Great article sam. Glad to see we get to go with the server that has the pretty name :P!
ku ku
[MYST] Council

Post » 20 Aug 2012 22:18

ALL HAIL THE GOLDEN GOD

(but on the forums we call her boss lady)
theblackerbanana
[MYST] Admin

Post » 20 Aug 2012 22:24

Reading from the south of cheeseland... i mean Swiss, this means we moved servers for release?

I'll see you all in 5 days! :D
It's hard to explain puns to kleptomaniacs because they always take things literally.
Faure
[MYST] Member
The Musician

Post » 20 Aug 2012 22:32

Remember to check your inventory before deleting chars, kids!
Those Deluxe/CE items might end up in the inventory or mail of the first char you create, if it isn't a /bonus command.

Faure wrote:Reading from the south of cheeseland... i mean Swiss, this means we moved servers for release?

I'll see you all in 5 days! :D

Didn't have a choice - Anet nuked Lakeside.
Kamui
[MYST] Member
Resident Hoarder

Post » 21 Aug 2012 11:04

Getting ready for the good ol " leeeeeerooooyyy jeeennnnkins " shout in 4 days 'n counting!
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." ~ The Dude

"Cattle die, kinsmen die, all men die at some point and time, but a noble name built on character and honor is eternal. "
Valknut
[MYST] Inactive Member

Post » 21 Aug 2012 11:24

Nice choice :-) nice article!

Aurora glade shall prevail!!!!!!!!!!

It has a nice name too ;-)
Ubi Maior
Charr Shaman

Post » 21 Aug 2012 11:47

Ubi Maior wrote:Nice choice :-) nice article!
It has a nice name too ;-)

Indeed, good choice. I trust it will be a good server for us. I'm also happy we got one with a Prophecies name <3
Can't wait for Saturday. Just 3d 19hr 12min 20sec to go. OR LESS!
Eki
[MYST] Member
Mr. Precursor

Post » 21 Aug 2012 15:13

Woot. Good to know :) Pretty name too!
Adam Mk2
[MYST] Inactive Member

Post » 21 Aug 2012 16:56

I now feel relieved that I'm not the only one counting days 'till saturday...(screw you, colleagues!)
Real Badasses Eat Chocolate Chip Cookies.
Timmeey
[MYST] Member

Post » 21 Aug 2012 23:34

Caption: MYST is going to Aurora Glade, awww yeeaaaaa

Andypanda
[MYST] Admin
Minecraft

Post » 21 Aug 2012 23:40

AWWW YEAH

theblackerbanana
[MYST] Admin

Post » 22 Aug 2012 07:01

I'm having a bit of a dilemma here, since all of my old GW1 buddies (outside of MYST) are planning on playing on "Far Shiverpeaks". Which sucks obviously, since I've been playing with some of them since 2005-2006. So chances are pretty big I'll join them instead, guess I'll just have to guest on Aurora Glade often ;) This will probably make me a " people in the Guild Wars 2 guild for whom we are not their primary guild" :P
Lvl 80: Warrior On Steroid - Ele On Steroid - Engi On Steroid - Thief On Steroid - Mesmer On Steroid
<Lvl 80: Necro On Steroid
noobonsteroid
[MYST] Member
PC Hardware
aka Yannick

Post » 22 Aug 2012 07:40

noobonsteroid wrote:I'm having a bit of a dilemma here, since all of my old GW1 buddies (outside of MYST) are planning on playing on "Far Shiverpeaks". Which sucks obviously, since I've been playing with some of them since 2005-2006. So chances are pretty big I'll join them instead, guess I'll just have to guest on Aurora Glade often ;) This will probably make me a " people in the Guild Wars 2 guild for whom we are not their primary guild" :P

:( I understand the pressures of having guilds you want to be part of on different servers. Still, can't say I'm not sad for hearing this. Please don't be be a stranger to us?
Tasha
[MYST] Member
Former Den Mother

Post » 22 Aug 2012 08:30

Looking Forward to it.
Will be interesting to see how well my connection goes with being at the other side of the world now lol
No1slayer
[MYST] Inactive Member

Guild Wars 2 discussion
Next

Return to Guild Wars 2