Update

Update

Post » 16 Mar 2015 18:27

As I (and many other people) am currently having problems getting into gw2 due to the new update I thought i'd pop a post in the forums about the new stuff.

The most relevant stuff seems to be:

- It now takes 50% of group members in a party to kick someone (3 in a 5 man).

- All the new camera stuff is now live so you can play GW2 in first person / take awesome screenies easily now, and zoom out more. You also have less chance of scenery making your life difficult while jump puzzling!

- A flashing effect has been adding to map hover to highlight your missing poi / waypoints / vistas / hearts (FINALLY <3)

- You should no longer take repeated falling damage when running down a steep hill

- Guild roster now keeps track of people's locations in the same way as friend roster does

- Mordrem Wolf has reduced critical-hit damage

- Team chat now logs players entering and leaving parties better / properly

- Stability has changed to an intensity stack type (like poison etc)

- Lots of skill changes throughout the professions, mostly to do with stability.

There's a lot of changes to list so the curious can poke them here:

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/i ... ost4882432
ku ku
[MYST] Council

Re: Update

Post » 16 Mar 2015 19:44

Also anyone struggling with connection problems trying to get into the game try using the new streaming server by adding -StreamingClient to the target line of your gw2 shortcut (rclick-properties -targetline leave a space after the ").

Not working for everyone but did help me get in. Some people also report the -repair function helping too!
ku ku
[MYST] Council

Post » 16 Mar 2015 22:51

Haven't used the streaming thingy, but guildchat seems bugged. Everytime you change character you have to invis->online again to be able to use guildchat.
Loving the changes so far; instantly maxed the FOV slider and to character-height camera. 1st person on the smallest size asura is hilariously fun. Was hoping items you are carrying would show in 1st person (weapons, kytes, etc), but maybe later...?
It's hard to explain puns to kleptomaniacs because they always take things literally.
Faure
[MYST] Member
The Overmind

Post » 17 Mar 2015 11:56

Best thing thanks to camera changes has come to gw2!!!

SELFIES
(not my picture)
It's hard to explain puns to kleptomaniacs because they always take things literally.
Faure
[MYST] Member
The Overmind

Post » 17 Mar 2015 12:18

Wait, what, SELFIES ?!?

Precious development time was used to be able to make selfies? Kill me now...
Lvl 80: Warrior On Steroid - Ele On Steroid - Engi On Steroid - Thief On Steroid - Mesmer On Steroid
<Lvl 80: Necro On Steroid
noobonsteroid
[MYST] Member
PC Hardware
aka Yannick

Post » 21 Mar 2015 11:44

noobonsteroid wrote:Wait, what, SELFIES ?!?

Precious development time was used to be able to make selfies? Kill me now...

Couldn't agree more. Especially since my camera movement *still* feels weird to me. It's not as fluid as it was before. Update came with a LOTTA lag and even more bugs. Not very thrilled about it here tbh.
Painting flames on your golems & turrets when you're not watching
Master Chill
[MYST] Member
Artwork

Location: Somewhere in the green bowels of Belgium called "Brakel"

Post » 22 Mar 2015 01:48

Jus to clarify. Only thing going on here is setting the camera in the position and then use /point and press screenshot at the appropriate time. There is no selfie function.
Faure
[MYST] Member
The Overmind

Guild Wars 2 discussion

Return to Guild Wars 2