Guild Halls are coming!

Post » 17 Jun 2015 05:40

Last night at E3 Colin dropped a few bombshells about the expansion (pre-purchase live, anyone?), but the thing a lot of people are most excited about are the Guild Halls. There is a VoD here, the actual presentation starts at about 53 minutes in.

Important points are:
- You need to capture your guild hall, PvE style
- There will now be guild teams (larger parties!), and you can go on guild missions straight from the hall
- A couple buildings he named were a PvP arena (customizable), a workshop (with a new crafting profession) and the war room where you can build things to take with you into WvW (e.g. a giant airship)

Also, pre-purchase is live. :p

Thoughts? We get to decorate the guild hall how we want it, so anything you'd really like to see there? Any buildings that are a must-have? Did you squeal just like how I did? :p

ETA:
Anet has put up an info page here, and there is some more in-depth information on ZAM here
It's not ADD, it's just-- look, a squirrel!
lyuna
[MYST] Council
Madame Typo

Re: Guild Halls are coming!

Post » 17 Jun 2015 07:39

The brawling arena looks like a musthave.
Evil
[MYST] Member

Post » 17 Jun 2015 08:31

I've read its the same price as GW2, and you no longer need the basegame (so basically you get GW2 and HoT). Meaning that everyone pays twice for the base game.... I'm not happy about that. Not sure if that is only the case with the pre-order (which i will skip for now). They are kinda fucking with us by even editing the FAQ from " you need the basegame, as this is an expansion" to "you need the basegame, but it is included".
I don't know. I will get it most likely, but full retail price for an expansion seems steep to me, unless they add the same amount of content as GW2 originally did.
And wtf, i dont even get a characterslot with the expansion (unless i go for either of 2 special editions starting 75euroes). Please just give me a 'real' upgrade edition or at least include something for the 'standard'...
It's hard to explain puns to kleptomaniacs because they always take things literally.
Faure
[MYST] Member
The Overmind

Post » 17 Jun 2015 09:19

So the actual presentation was only a few minutes long. Plus Woo Day 9!

I don't really care about the price for an expansion. The fact that you don't get a char slot as standard is pretty damn shitty.
Pre-purchase with not even a hint at a release date. Plus still no info if there will ever be any new dungeons...
qwazy
[MYST] Member

Post » 17 Jun 2015 10:00

$50 for the expansion seems reasonable to me if it includes a character slot instead of the core game.
Edit: it looks like you don't even get a separate key for the core game.
Last edited by Evil on 17 Jun 2015 10:32, edited 1 time in total.
Evil
[MYST] Member

Post » 17 Jun 2015 10:26

Evil wrote:$50 for the expansion seems reasonable to me if it includes a character slot instead of the core game.

This. The core game is a free bonus, but that price is really steep if it doesnt have an extra character slot.
theblackerbanana
[MYST] Admin

Post » 17 Jun 2015 10:40

plus still no idea on how much actual content will be in the game
qwazy
[MYST] Member

Post » 17 Jun 2015 10:43

only one new area max > :O
theblackerbanana
[MYST] Admin

Post » 17 Jun 2015 13:37

Oh well, the GW franchise was fun while it lasted.
Looks like I won't be coming back for HoT after all...
Lvl 80: Warrior On Steroid - Ele On Steroid - Engi On Steroid - Thief On Steroid - Mesmer On Steroid
<Lvl 80: Necro On Steroid
noobonsteroid
[MYST] Member
PC Hardware
aka Yannick

Post » 17 Jun 2015 15:50

The guild hall stuff looks quite interesting from a building view point. Looks like Marm might get the AFK tower he always dreamt of ;)

The map seems very very large. I'm in two minds about this. One because it means that things are likely to be widely spaced apart and finding people might be tricky. But the other hand, what used to happen will happen again: everyone will gather around the spawn in point & most of the hall will be empty. It could provide a nice space for some races though, and I agree with Ivo that the brawling arena looks like a must have.

I'm loving the introduction of guild teams, but hope it isn't limited to just guild missions.

As for the wishlist, would it be too much to hope for portals into the activities from the guild hall? An all guild race of Sanctum Sprint would be wonderful.
Tasha
[MYST] Member
Former Den Mother

Post » 17 Jun 2015 16:28

Edited the first post with two links for more information on guild halls
lyuna
[MYST] Council
Madame Typo

Post » 17 Jun 2015 17:50

Hyyyyypppppeeeee ttrraaaaiiinnnn!

*Squee* So excited about this :) Afk home <3

The preorder stuff is a bit meh... i was disappointed with the original gw2 DD and i honestly dont think its worth another £25 for a handful of in game stuff im probably not going to use... I'd rather spend £17 (-£8 for character slot) in the store xD!
ku ku
[MYST] Council

Post » 19 Jun 2015 22:33

I took a few notes on the PoI stream today VoD here, which you really should watch because they show off the Gilded Hallow hall and it's gorgeous and I have wants. (It's located in a giant cave, on top of an underground lake *o*)

- Differences between the two halls were described as Gilded Hallow = lush exploration; Lost Precipice = an ode to cliff diving and hang gliding
- the idea is to take the halls further than just a building, they are in the world and embedded in the story
- the "guild initiative" is taking over from the Pact since it was shattered and uses the guilds to try and deal with the dragon
- halls will be strategic positions for this
- the crystal you need to cap to obtain it is the "heart of the guild hall"
- Buildings are all already there (rudimentary) but can be upgraded to the shiny form
- Scribing, the new crafting profession is primarily for making stuff for the entire guild (unlocking it), this includes hall decorations and stuff if I got it right
- There will be new guild armor and weapons, the weapons are tied to which hall you have, though you can use a friend's hall to gather the materials you need for either. They are shiny and I love them.
- the portal can be used to fast travel to specific locations (LA was mentioned)

- Arenas have 4 different teams that can be used: Green, Blue, Red and free for all
- You can edit the arena on the fly while brawling
- As for spectators it has a regular map limit, though actual brawlers will have a limit (the number 30 was tossed around)
- more sandbox stuff will be added
- PvP guild teams will be introduced (these might be used for other stuff than PvP, leaderboards etc)
- You can make a guild anthem

- Gliders can now apparently be deployed with spacebar as soon as you jump off somewhere

(I may have missed stuff)
lyuna
[MYST] Council
Madame Typo

Post » 19 Jun 2015 23:20

The hall they showed off in PoI was gorgeous, and I'm pretty impressed with the tavern (both levels) and the arena. Looks like there's lots of possibilities for things like quizzes, friendly pvp competitions and alike. I really was expecting/hoping for something on the same level as GW1 and this looks far above and beyond.

I'm also really liking that there's a half way house for people who don't upgrade. So there will be a private guild space for those who don't get HoT. Although it won't have many features at all.
Tasha
[MYST] Member
Former Den Mother

Post » 20 Jun 2015 15:19

Carlo was asking yesterday about what happens to guild banks if you don't upgrade to HoT. It seems that it'll be moving to the Guild Initiative Head Quarters and will be available to everyone.

Ketchup: https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/guil ... the-enemy/ (first paragraph, Going West)
Tasha
[MYST] Member
Former Den Mother

Guild Wars 2 discussion
Next

Return to Guild Wars 2